East Stroudsburg, University Science and Technology Center
Brinjac provided HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting, fire protection, telecommunication, and security systems design for a new four-story, 120,000 SF Science & Technology Center designed to accommodate the needs of the Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Physics, and Math departments. The project includes an Animal Laboratory with holding rooms, histology and procedure rooms, a Planetarium, 200-person Auditorium, various classroom and laboratory spaces, and offices for the above mentioned departments. The Center has a dedicated research wing, including classroom and laboratory spaces. Additional features of the building include Radioisotope laboratory, a vertical drop for the Physics department to test the effects of gravity, a weather station, and a rooftop telescope.
Specific features of the engineering design include the following:
- HVAC and automatic temperature control systems, and make-up and exhaust air for chemical fume hoods
- New electric service, distribution system and emergency generator
- Complete interior and exterior lighting and control systems
- Complete fire alarm system and full sprinkler coverage
- Telecommunication infrastructure, MDF/IDF rooms, cabling, and phone/data drops throughout
- A/V systems for classrooms and auditoriums
- Complete plumbing systems including domestic and sanitary services, compressed air, vacuum, and de-ionized water systems, chemical waste collection and neutralization.
Photo provided by MKSD Architects