Brinjac provided engineering services for the Philadelphia Eagles NovaCare Complex at Broad and Pattison Streets adjacent to the Sports Complex in south Philadelphia. The project provides the Eagles with a truly state-of-the-art, NFL practice and training facility, as well as housing their corporate offices, media center and an outpatient rehabilitation facility for their corporate partner NovaCare.
The training facility features a weight room, peak performance training center, hydrotherapy pools, sauna, steam room, and locker rooms as well as a commercial laundry and a player lounge. The corporate office facility includes executive and staff offices, team meeting rooms, draft room, a TV studio, auditorium, media work room, dining facilities and a stadium sales area with model room and a mock up of a luxury suite. Other elements of the project include three (3) outdoor practice fields, a fabric-covered rigid frame structure housing a 70-yard indoor practice field and rehabilitation of several existing structures on the site for ancillary uses.
Specific features of the engineering design include:
• HVAC systems specifically designed for humidity control and to support widely varying conditions of occupancy while providing superior indoor air quality.
• Specialized lighting systems for the indoor practice field, auditorium and TV studio as well as lighting to complement the building facade and architecturally significant portions of the building interior.
• Emergency generator and distribution system designed to support code-required life safety systems, as well as critical systems and data processing equipment.
• Uninterruptible power systems to support critical data processing equipment.
• Complete structured telecommunications cabling system supporting all low voltage systems in the building.
• Fiber optic and coaxial cable distribution to support media retrieval system with video distribution to all coaches’ offices.
• Multiplexed addressable fire alarm system.
• Card access system and video surveillance system.