Lehigh University, Lamberton Hall
Brinjac was responsible for multi-discipline engineering services for the conversion of the three-story, 22,000 SF, music department into a 24-7 campus student activity and dining center. The building was built in 1907 and was the original campus dining facility. In the following years the building was converted for use as the English and Music departments. The spaces renovated included the historic Great Room, dining areas, game rooms and break out meeting rooms. The goal of the project was to provide a complete upgrade to the building system utilities, without compromising the historical architectural features of the Great Room. Air conditioning, heating hot water, and sprinkler systems were added to the building, along with a complete upgrade of the existing electrical, fire alarm, and plumbing systems. The existing historical light fixtures in the Great Room were refurbished with new up and down light capabilities. An emergency generator was added for life safety purposes.
Photo Copyright RobFaulkner.net