Bristol Township School District
New Elementary Schools
Brinjac provided comprehensive mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, specialty lighting, telecom, security and structural engineering services for three new 148,000 SF elementary schools. The schools will each hold approximately 1,300 students in grades K-5. The buildings houses approximately 50 classrooms, an art room, an office suite, support spaces, a multipurpose room with a stage, a full service kitchen, two cafeterias, and a library.
A unique feature of the project is a ground source (geothermal) heat pump system for year-round heating and cooling. Other design features include:
- High efficiency groundwater source heat pump and rooftop units utilizing environmentally friendly refrigerant R410A.
- Total Energy recovery units which recover energy from general building exhaust streams.
- Outdoor air delivery monitoring utilizing CO2 monitors to modulate ventilation air based on room occupancy.
- Energy efficient plumbing systems to reduce water consumption rates.
- Energy efficient lighting fixture and controls to reduce power consumption and adjust lighting levels as needed.
- Telecommunication and security system infrastructure.
- Audio-visual systems for classrooms, library, and multipurpose rooms.
- Exposed glue laminated wood beam roof structure in the main entry and lobby areas.
- Site lighting.
Additionally, Brinjac provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, lighting, telecom, security, and structural engineering services for a facilities condition assessment of all of the district’s schools, which includes nine elementary schools, two middle schools, one freshman academy and one high school. Brinjac performed an existing conditions survey and presented our findings and recommendations to the School District, to help the School District determine if it was more feasible to do major renovations to a number of their facilities, or to do a combination of renovations/additions and new construction.
The telecommunications assessment and recommendations included structured cabling and infrastructure, CATV/Video, Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Data Network (LAN), Voice System, Master Clock, Classroom AV Systems, Sound Reinforcement Systems, and Public Address Systems (PA).
*Rendering by Schrader Group Architects