Ben Franklin Technology Partnership
Brinjac provided services for a new 47,000 SF, 4-story addition to the existing Ben Franklin TechVentures facility for start-up high tech companies located at Lehigh University’s mountaintop campus. This expansion has significantly increased the available wet lab and incubator space, as well as office and dry lab space. The project’s scope included MEP, fire protection, telecom, and security system design.
Complete telecommunications infrastructure design for the buiding including structured cabling, pathways, spaces, and telecom grounding.
Design Features include:
• Conference rooms with complete multi-media audio/visual systems.
• Energy efficient HVAC and plumbing systems to reduce energy consumption.
• Daylighting controls to take advantage of expansive southern exposure and reduce lighting power consumption. Light levels will adjust automatically.
• Solar photovoltaic panel system will be installed on the roof and incorporated into the building electrical system to obtain on-site renewable energy credits for LEED Certification.
• “Green Screen” digital display and information system to provide up to date power and building energy useage information.
Photo provided by Spillman Farmer Architects